Saturday, October 11, 2014

HEAD RAG MISNOMER




OMG…LOL…I went out today with a “head Rag” on!  I have this stigma about the head rag thing from growing up in the 50’s  and 60’s when “Black” women were depicted as “Aunt Jemima’s”, cleaning women, cooks, ignorant cotton-pickers…Aaaw,   yawl know what I talking about! 

Anyway, in my research, I found that Black women were required to wear head coverings because we got so fancy with our hairstyles that White women complained and it was actually initiated into  law in some states that we could not go out in public with our hair uncovered!  Just thought that I’d throw that in  there.

Needless to say, since I have retraced my royal beginnings, all those negative depictions were not negative at all but portrayed our status as royalty; as being married and unmarried and for religious purposes! 

Many of you know that my heart has been for Afrika (even since I was a child).   For some time now, I have had a vision to take the ministry I have been given to Afrika called MISSION GHANA.  

With each passing year and with each revelation of truth, this innate desire has increased as returning to Afrika has been tugging profusely at my heart; connected as a navel cord that has never been detached in the birth process from my mother.

I guess I should say that I very conspicuously displayed the Christian Dior writing on the scarf that I was wearing just in case there was some of those Aunt Jemima cultured people who might have seen me. 

The ways of our Ancestors, I am still working on from head to toe mostly the spiritual aspects then the physical.  I do have a way to go when it comes to things such as the head wraps.  

None the less, I threw my head up, held high as I walked around in public; hoping that the people of West Linn, Oregon would see, wonder or know the concept of rich Afrikan heritage that lays behind the head wrap.


Just FYI some of the terms used for Afrikan head-wraps are  'duku’, 'ichafu’, 'dhuku' , 'tukwi', and 'gele'. I know that I did not list them all because of the many and varied Afrikan dialects.  However, no matter the dialect or language, in the Mother Land, the head-wrap is used as an ornamental head covering, fashion accessory, religious modesty or for functionality.   

You best believe that I will learn much in the upcoming years.


Hotep Light One Love
Priestess El Ahora Yah Asantewaa El Bey
formerly Apostle Rubie James

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/220014Download with our compliments and sincere thanks for your support affirmations of 101Things I AM FREE! 101 THINGS I AM (click on photo or above link) Please e-mail  for other options. Thank you.

El Ahora, formerly Rubie James is a published author who writes under the pseudonym   JEWELS PROPHET.  Review   and  purchase  her      e-Books and paperback at Amazon (click on Jewels Prophet) or the following links:

THE WATCHMAN


THE WATCHMAN 
Paperback available in Ghana
Information Page Ghana Locations 

OTHER PAPERBACKS & 
E-BOOKS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AT:
AMAZON

SMASHWORDS.COM



Please document your respect for this Word. Your financial gifts of support are needed to keep this channel on line.  


THANK YOU 
FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS 
AND  SUPPORT!




1 comment:

  1. I love to reread what others are reading and what they are interested in. I love those pointers that indicate to me that people are growing and coming into the shift of consciousness of their reality and the acceptance of others. I believe light is attracted to light.

    We, those of us who were brainwashed in religion who are now awakening, it is a honor for other awakened ones or awakening ones to enter into the others reality having pure intent who release love and light. I love it and I love you too! Don't think that I AM not feeling it and I release love, light and compassion to all.

    Spirit is moving many of us into ascension status and perhaps you've noticed that I am learning numerology , which is pertinent to astrology and astronomy; and, understanding physics and the multiverse; that to me is true spirituality and a bridge to connecting to ones higher self. Thank you for hanging in here with meas I let go of the filters during this learning, growth and ascension process to mastery.

    In looking at the selfie I took above, I could not help but to notice that I captured what I believe to be my aura. I first thought a blurry photo, however, the new Infinix phone has never taken a blurry or out of focus photo. When I look at my face, I see clarity and the emanation of light. I just see the god in me and I hope yawll are seeing the god in you. Just wanted to share that with someone.

    ReplyDelete