Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Women of Color Were Banned From Wearing Their Hair in Public

I love my Afrikan Sisters! There is nothing more beautiful to me than Women and men of Color wearing their naturally beautiful hair or  wearing headdress that matches their dress.

Growing up in the Northern California, I was   made to feel ashamed of my hair and my skin color; the way that I dressed and always that air of false superiority that said to me you will never be good enough and never be or amount to nothing.

I never wanted to wear what I called "Rags" on my head.  To me, it depicted the old 'yezza mezza' housemaid, Mammy, slave or the 'Aunt Jemima' thing.  These things were always meant to be disparaging, and in my young eyes, were a denigration  to Afrikan and Afrikan American woman.  I had never seen the royalty of short natural hair and the distinguished characteristics of the Head dress that says Royalty!
The following article has been the cause of and my need to blog this message:

This article has given me more insight and open my eyes to many things that even my mother did that I was ashamed of, us having moved up North from Louisiana and Mississippi thinking that we'd be free.

With the revelation and knowledge Divine Spirit has been giving me through my research and studies of Egypt or Maat from the Master Teachers, I have a new found respect for headdresses. I have searched Portland in an attempt to find something appropriate to my rich heritage and the Fanti Tribe of which I have become very found of  all Afrikan Tribes;
I suppose that I will just have to improvise, waiting until I get to Ghana to wear my 'Tignon', wrap or covering proudly to depict the descendent from Afrikan Royalty that I am! 

Hotep Light One Love!
Apostle Rubie James


https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/220014Download with our compliments and sincere thanks for your support 101Things I AM FREE! 101 THINGS I AM also contains a glossary of terms and words used by the Apostle to quicken ones understanding of  prophetic prose. (click on photo or above link)

Apostle Rubie James is a published author who writes under the pseudonym JEWELS PROPHET.  Review and purchase her e-Books and paperback at Amazon (click on Jewels Prophet) or the following links:


THE WATCHMAN


THE WATCHMAN 
paperback book available in Ghana 
233 Country Code 
050 314 4527
0243 283 616

E-BOOKS AT 
SMASHWORDS.COM




THANK YOU 
FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS 
IN SUPPORT OF THIS MINISTRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment